The general objective of this project is to instigate the implementation of effective measures on combating racism, discrimination and related intolerances on a local level by supporting sustainable cross-sectorial cooperation aimed at promoting the values of diversity and multiculturality. The project activities will be organized through four main groups of activities to support the realization of project objectives. The groups of activities are: (a) network facilitation and coordination activities, (b) strategy development activities, (c) monitoring of strategy implementation and (d) raising awareness activities. The project includes 5 local governments; 20 representatives of local authorities; 20 CSO stakeholders in each of the communities engaged in development and monitoring of adoption/implementation of local strategies; 100 CSO representatives; 20 youth trained in promotion of diversity, at least 100 youth engaged in campaign in each of the communities; 1500 youth benefiting from the campaign; and at least 150.000 people reached through campaign activities. The project will result in National Network of Towns and CSOs formally established in Croatia; guidelines for development of local strategies on promoting diversity and combating racism and discrimination designed by an inclusive, cross-sectorial group of experts from Croatia and Europe; 5 local strategies developed; 5 local inclusive groups established and equipped with knowhow to advocate and monitor the implementation of effective measures in promoting diversity and combating racism and discrimination; and increased national public pressure to effectively support diversity and combat racism and discrimination.
The specific objectives of the project are:
– To facilitate the establishment of the Network of Cities/Towns and CSOs for diversity and against racism and discrimination in Croatia.
– To facilitate inclusive development and adoption of local strategies on promoting diversity and combating racism and discrimination in at least 5 local communities.
– To facilitate the formation of inclusive local impact and monitoring groups on promoting diversity and combating racism and discrimination in at least 5 local communities.
– To integrate best European practice on promoting diversity and combating racism and discrimination by facilitating and coordinating with European stakeholders.
– To raise the public’s awareness on the values of diversity and tolerance through a youth-centered affirmative campaign focused on the promotion of European values.
The project is implemented by the Youth Initiative for Human Rights, Human Rights House Zagreb and European Grassroots Antiracist Movement. The project is financially supported by the European Union through the Rights, Equality and Citizenship program, the Office of the Government of the Republic of Croatia and the City of Zagreb.
Report on Establishment of Network of Towns/Cities and NGOs against racism and discrimination in Croatia
Report on Establishment of Working Groups
REPORT ON EXAMPLES OF GOOD PRACTICES IN COMBATING DISCRIMINATION AT LOCAL LEVEL
SMJERNICE ZA RAZVIJANJE LOKALNIH STATEGIJA ZA SUZBIJANJE DISKRIMINACIJE I PROMICANJE JEDNAKOSTI